20 year barman. Re-educated as an I.T. professional, website creator, I.T teacher, digital media management & marketing professional. Studied accountancy, taxation, business management & law. Founder of UnitedPeople political party – click here. Previously the first National Chairman of Direct Democracy Ireland (DDI) & founder of the Louth branch of DDI. Author. Regular contributor to social media. TV & radio guest experiences. Appeared in the Oireachtas & Dublin Highcourts to defend the rights of citizens along with exposing many wrongs. Consistently seeks greater democracy & accountability from all elected levels of Ireland. Currently writing two books, non-fiction “Life Behind Bars” & “Better Tomorrows“.
1. Construction business builds apartments and homes on land obtained from private seller or council. They add on a slice of own profit. Standard accepted practice.
2. Hired auctioneer sells the properties with their change of services included in eventual selling price.
3. Homeseeker buys at hopefully a decent price.
4. All happy – just about.
POST 2011 ELECTION – WHEN FG AND LABOUR TOOK OVER – AND THE VULTURES FLOODED IN!
1. Vultures swoop in and buy council land in bulk or buy private land in gazumping price. The auctioneer acting on their behalf, also adds their service charges.
2. Construction company builds homes after buying the land from Vultures (what FG/FF likes to call “investors”). Vultures get their profit from that sale. Auctioneer get their cut of that sale.
3. Homes/Apartments built, construction company adds their profit cut to the end price. Auctioneer adds their service changes for selling the properties on behalf of the construction company.
4. Vultures swoop in and buy up the bulk of properties for further sale or rent. Auctioneer acting on their buying behalf, adds their profit cut for services rendered to the Vultures.
5. Vultures now owning the properties, now wants to sell on again or rent out. They go to auctioneers who acting on their behalf, do so – with their charge for services rendered added on…
LONG STORY SHORT.
1. Vultures very happy.
2. Auctioneers certainly happy.
3. Home-buyers – the few that can afford the now further raised prices – NOT SO HAPPY.
YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO FORGET.
1. 2011 TO 2016: FG and Labour were running (ruining) things and other allowed the Vultures to come swooping in. Fianna Fail also played their part in unofficially propping up the other two’s antics.
2. 2016: Fine Gael and Independents (with further backing from Fianna Fail unofficially) continues the allowed Vulture swoop that dramatically increases.
3. 2020 to current date: Fine Gael and Fianna Fail officially run the government (the Greens being there too, just to be used). Vultures by this stage are able to swoop in and buy up to 95% of all land/property sales.
Government as of 2019 has at least 1/4 now being landlords or own/family/mates money invested in the Vulture game or as landlords.
Why would they want to build more social homes – that then weakens selfish profit potential?
Current situation for citizens of Ireland looking for a home: UTTER DISASTER.